February 18, 2009

Presentation to the CEO Forum

It's not every day that someone like me gets asked to speak on a panel in front of a bunch of CEO's of small and mid-size businesses. I am certainly honored by the request. It's coming up this Friday, February 20th.

I am on a panel discussing how a company such as Showalter Roofing continues to attract business in a time of economic crisis. Sometimes I want to say that I have no idea, but there has to be something that we're doing right. I have witnessed the past months many roofing companies go out of business. Some were focused on just new construction and other focused on residential or commercial.

Why did they go out of business? I can't answer that question, but I can only reflect on what we have done over the past 25 years that has been consistent. Well, I always talk about honesty, integrity and commitment to quality. I know it sounds like what everyone else says. But maybe the difference is that we actually do it. I believe in these qualities in my own life, taught my children and reiterate it on a daily basis at work. It's a part of who I am and if Showalter Roofing is any reflection of me...even just a little bit, then that's my reason for it's 25+ years of success.

I thank all of you who have shared in our success. You keep coming back and calling upon us in a time of need. That means the world to me...honest.